Thread: Games: What games are you currently playing? [OT!]

  1. #1941
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    WRT MGS3: Never played a MGS game, only the third sounds a little attractive to me, but I doubt I'll have time to try it.

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ November 21, 2004 08:56 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

  2. #1942
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    It's only been out for a few days, Cata [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    Not yet. MP2+DS=broke.

  3. #1943
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT Wiseman - Sadly, its unlikely a game like that would come to PS2 outside of Japan. The most success anime based games get in the US/europe are on the DBZ and Gundam franchises; a modest dating sim would never make it. You might be able to find a translated version of it for the PC though.

    As for MGS3, ive really enjoyed the story so far in the series, but from the trailers ive seen of this at gametrailers.com, and from the comments of all the US gamers who've beaten it, this provides one hell of a finish. Its a shame im so excited, im not going to get it for another half a year, but fortunately Konami usually give us extras to make up for the wait.

  4. #1944
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    MGS has one of the best non RPG stories in games, you'd like them Miguel.

  5. #1945
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree. I remember being very skeptical when i approached the original, since i dont like action games, but i was genuinely surprised by how touching the story ended up being. The voice-acting is top notch.

  6. #1946
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT Cata: Come to think of it, you were right, it was offtopic, this is the What games are you <u>currently playing</u> thread. I've created a new thread to discuss games you're not currently playing nor you want to make a specific thread for.

    Yeah, I know <s>chances of getting it are very low</s> no fucking way they're releasing that outside Japan, but maybe there were translations or guides like with Sakura Taisen.

    ????

    IRT Xel: So it's about religion and/or tits (preferrably and)? Or just something interesting?

    ????

    I've felt like playing some more Halo (1 player story mode).

    *HALO SPOILERS*

    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?

    I've just recovered the index (whatever that is, if you ask me it looks like a vibe) and it might seem like I was about to nuke the Universe, but I can't be sure since Cortana(sp?) sounded just as insane as the little laughing genius I followed for an eternity.

    I like the story (part of which I kind of forgot), but it's not as fun now that there are these little shits following me all the time. That's a Half-Life ripoff, which in turn was an Alien ripoff. Anyways, my shield should make sure they don't bite my private parts, and I'll take care of the rest.

    So, anybody's gonna explain why am I in Halo? Why can't I be at home watching TV? Er, what did happen between the covenant and humans and why are they shooting the crap out of each other? Why did all the ugly aliens ally against just humans? Why are we on Halo in the first place? What should I know about it, other than an ancient race made it and the covenant and us just found it?

    And what about these running shits (sorry, I won't remember their name :P )? I guess the larger crap I'm killing used to be my comrades or some half assed covenant guy (I fear the day I'll see a hunter converted into that).

    And most of all, what was that stupid ball I've been following while trying not to step on a bug or get killed by the gnosis?

    BTW, nice gameplay.

    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?

    **

    Edit: Fixed wording, fixed previous edits, etc.

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ November 21, 2004 09:33 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

  7. #1947
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    To be honest, i felt the same way as you. I was completely clueless as to what the hell i was doing throughout Halo, and i just played through it for the gameplay. A lot of the plot is explained through the novels (one prequel, one set during the game, and one sequel). N knows more, i believe, but perhaps it should be saved for a different thread.

  8. #1948
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    None of the above, just interesting.

    Well, panties and a bra if you do things right, and a buncha pin ups in MGS2. Which Snake can whack off to in a locker.

  9. #1949
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL, he can? For real? My image of MGS2 went up a few points. Seriously.

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ November 21, 2004 10:41 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

  10. #1950
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hehe, you dont see anything, but you hear...familiar sounds...if you press the punch button, over and over.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •